Apply to Serve on the 2017-2018 Associated Student Government
Congratulations on your interest in seeking a Saddleback College Student Government position for the 2017-2018 school year. The term of office is from May 27, 2017 to May 24, 2018. The application can be found below.
What Does ASG Do?
The Associated Student Government (ASG) of Saddleback College plans, organizes, promotes, sponsors and finances a comprehensive program of activities and services for all Saddleback College students. ASG is comprised of the Board of Directors, 4 Committees and 4 Councils: Events Committee, Judiciary Committee, Publicity Committee, Budget Committee, Inter-Club Council, Veterans Student Council, International and Diversity Student Council, and Honors Student Council.
ASG, along with numerous campus clubs, participate in the planning and execution of special events such as: Blood Drives, Club Rushes, Homecoming, Earth Week, International Day, Campus-Wide BBQs and many more
ASG Members are also actively involved, representing the students of Saddleback College, in various college and ASG committees such as the Food & Beverage, Parking, and Outreach, Consultation Council, as well as the college-wide accreditation and strategic planning committees, just to name a few.
Participating in ASG and campus clubs gives students the opportunity to learn valuable leadership, organizational, and communication skills that all serve to enhance their college experience and provide a foundation for the future. ASG also provides an excellent opportunity to have a voice in policy-making on campus. Consider joining the action today!
REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY—Please be aware that all ASG members:
• Must enroll in at least 5 units during the fall and spring semesters.
• Must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
• Must participate in at least 1 ASG committee or 1 campus-wide committee.
• Must purchase an ASB Stamp each semester.
• Must have Saddleback College as their college of record.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance to ASG meetings, events, and activities.
• You must be able to attend all position-required meetings. All candidates must be ready and able to commit a minimum of 2.25 hours a week to meetings.
• All ASG members are expected to spend 15 hours a semester to participate in ASG events.
• All ASG members are expected to commit a minimum of 1 hour a week to complete their position's duties on their own time. (This does not include the hours spent volunteering for ASG Events or the mandatory meetings.)
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY AFTERNOONS (meeting times to be determined) and potentially FRIDAY mornings from 10:00am-12:00pm for mandatory ASG Meetings (will vary by position)
These are basic requirements for membership. Each position requires further duties and obligations. Refer to the ASG Bylaws for more information regarding each position.
** Positions are subject to change. In the case that an elected individual's position has been changed or removed, the President, alongside with the Leadership Committee, will reappoint the applicant as they see fit and/or the applicant may reapply to a vacant position. The Saddleback College Associated Students Constitution and Bylaws are available online at www.saddleback.edu/asg for your reference.
AVAILABLE ASG POSITIONS 2017-2018
ASG Position Descriptions: Click Here
- Director of Events
- The Administrative Coordinator for Inter-Club Council
- The Officer of Finance for Publicity Committee
- The Officer of Art Design
- Events Facilitator
- Digital Content Producer (2)
- The Officer of Events for Veterans Student Council
- The Officer of Finance for Veterans Student Council
- The Administrative Coordinator for Veterans Student Council
Board Of Directors - Friday, May 5, 2017 5:00pm
Officer applications- Friday, June 2, 2017 5:00pm
Description of ASG Positions: Click Here